Friday, March 7, 2014

First Android App to Market: Startn'Stop, a Basic Android Timer

Proud to announce the release of my first Android app to the Google Play and Amazon app markets.

Startn'Stop is a basic Android timer application. Keep track of how many seconds have passed.

Useful for exercising/cooking/etc.

What went right:
            Learned a lot of the basics of Android dev and got to know the SDK better.
            Got my feet wet on some mobile UI design.
            Learned how good StackOverflow is as a resource.
            Found eclipse Android SDK integration to be good.
What went wrong:
            Be prepared to have a lot of assets ready (art).
                        Many different sizes and resolutions needed.
            Creating the keystore gave me a minor headache at first, until I learned more about it.

Overall, I'm glad to be getting this out there on the market. It is the first in more apps to follow.
If you would be so kind to check it out and provide some feedback I would appreciate it. It feels awesome just knowing that my app could be helpful even if it's just for one person.


You can find my app, Startn'Stop on Google Play here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mkelleyjr.timer

You can find my app, Startn'Stop on Amazon marketplace here:

http://www.amazon.com/Michael-L-Kelley-Jr-StartnStop/dp/B00ITG2SK2/ref=sr_1_1?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1394196667&sr=1-1&keywords=startn%27stop


Thank you all so much. Ready to move onto my next app. More details soon. 


~Michael 

No comments:

Post a Comment