Saturday, November 28, 2015

Lenovo ThinkPad 11e Chromebook Review

I recently got to sit down and have a little one on one time with a Lenovo ThinkPad 11e Chromebook laptop. The specs on this model include:

Intel Celeron N2940 processor
11.6" HD anti-glare display
4 GB DDR3L-SDRAM
16GB storage
720p HD webcam
Powered USB port
Chrome OS


My first impressions are that this is a solid Chromebook. It weights a little more than other Chromebooks I've used, but I like that it is so durable especially since it is targeted towards educational uses.




I also enjoy the keyboard. It doesn't feel too big or too small for a laptop of this type and features a sleek design:




The form factor is nice and something that I would not mind carrying around a campus all day:




This Chromebook also features an HDMI out allowing it to connect to devices for presentations. It also has a neat little power light gimmick that I like:




The charger for this Chromebook is compact, but unlike others, it charges via USB-C which is nice because there is no power prong to expose. On other models, I've seen kids snap or bend the power pong leaving the charger useless. This would be pretty hard to do on this charger:




Overall, I would say that is is a very capable device to use in an educational setting. I could see myself using one of these 24/7, but people using them for home use may enjoy something a little lighter. I would say that the biggest points for this model are: durability, HDMI out, solid keyboard, and a sleek form factor that looks great when sitting out on a table in a library.


No comments:

Post a Comment