Monday, January 11, 2016

Enrolling at Free Code Camp

Well, I've done it.

I've enrolled in Free Code Camp.

Free Code Camp is a place to learn how to code. You go through a series of tutorials and at the end you can help nonprofits by coding on their site or app.

You might be asking why I signed up, as I already have a computer science degree.

I think this course will not only be a good refresher, but it will help me with areas of web development that I haven't even touched yet.

Each module is compact and gives you a point for completion. I already have around 40 points completed. The modules feel informative as you follow along. There is also other campers willing to help.

There is a chance at earning certificates through the site and I've heard of people getting hired at companies before even making it all the way through the camp courses.

It should be fun and interesting. If anybody else has wanted to learn how to code, this is a great time. Jump on in and I am willing to lend a helping hand.

For now, I've set my sights on the front-end development certificate. We will see how it goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment