Monday, May 8, 2017

Chromebook Tip: Add Website to Shelf

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted on here. All is well, I've just been busy with other things. I've been working on my Chromebook a little more often lately and want to share a quick little tip. This tip will allow you to quickly access your favorite sites by pinning them to the Chromebook "task bar" or shelf as Google calls it.

In Chrome, go to the page you want to pin. Click on 'Customize and control Google Chrome' button on the top right. (This is what you click on to get to the menu and settings for Chrome). Next, scroll down to More Tools > Add to Shelf...

A box will pop up letting you rename the site link. Hit OK and it will be pinned to your chromebook shelf at the bottom. If the site has it's own site icon, that will be the icon that it adds.



My current Chromebook setup. The sites I've added on on the right-hand side.

I'm going to try to be posting a little more frequently on here. Look for a lot more on Chromebooks and other projects to follow.

Hope everyone is doing well.



No comments:

Post a Comment