Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Stanley 4-in-1 Pocket Screwdriver Review

I just got my latest piece of gear that will be heading to work with me. It is the Stanley 4-in-1 pocket screwdriver. It is very compact and looks like a pen. I ordered mine from eBay, but you can find them from online retailers as well. At the time of this writing, Office Depot has them for only $2.79 a piece:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/486535/Stanley-Bostich-4-in-1-Pocket/?cm_mmc=PLA-_-Google-_-Tools_Equipment-_-486535-VQ6-42102235676-VQ16c-VQ17-pla-VQ18-online-VQ19-486535-VQ20-99730391537-VQ21-

As a funny side story, I was telling my dad that I ordered one of these. He got up and walked over to a drawer where he got two of these exact screwdrivers out. He said that I should have just asked him before ordering one. Will make sure and reference that for the future.

The screwdriver features:

Multi-use with double-ended bits.
This screwdriver bit sizes are: 5/32", 1/8", 1PT, 2PT.


Here is a picture of mine for reference sitting on my desk:

The Stanley 4-in-1 Pocket Screwdriver


The cap easily comes off to reveal the screwdriver bit:



The bottom portion comes off as well, disclosing the storage compartment for the other bit:



Here you can see all pieces taken apart:




I really like having this screwdriver in the field as I can have it in my pocket. It fits comfortably enough to stay there all at all times. It would also fit nice in a shirt pocket or alongside writing utensils in a stationary holder. It will be a time saver, as there are times when I need to swap out a power supply or other part real fast and I'll have to stop and run out to my car to get into my tool bag.

You can see a picture of the screwdriver in my pocket as I'm sitting:



Another thing I like is how sturdy it feels. I've never been a huge fan of multi-bit screwdrivers because a lot of the ones that I've used feel loose. I've even had bits fall out on me. This feels much stronger and feels like a continuous tool rather than just part tool and part bit.

Overall, I would say that is a great buy considering the price and build quality. I've seen a lot of sub $5 screwdrivers and this one impresses me by far the most. I'll probably end up getting a few more just to leave around in the cars and one for at my desk.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice article! 4-in-1 Pocket Screwdriver are very effective for us. I always buy a lot of cheap stuff from 4-in-1 Pocket Screwdriver. Really, it’s great. Thank's for sharing.
    http://eztoolhub.com

    ReplyDelete